|専攻分野||Instructional Technology, Film Studies|
|主要著書・論文||1. Miller, Adam. (2022). Adapting to teaching restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic in Japanese universities. Educational Technology Quarterly. 2022. 251-262. 10.55056/etq.21.
2. Miller, A.L. (2022). Lessons Learnt During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Preparing Tertiary Education in Japan for 4IR. In: Arai, K. (eds) Intelligent Computing. SAI 2022. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 508. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-10467-1_23
3. Miller, Adam. (2021). Introducing Change to Japanese Universities: Digital vs Paper Assignments. Journal of e-learning Research. 1. 17-34. 10.33422/jelr.v1i4.203.
4. Miller, Adam. (2021). Application of Video Based Learning and other digital materials for online classes in Japan. Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities. 13. 10.21659/rupkatha.v13n4.59.
5. Miller, Adam. (2020). Vampires in Japan: From Yokai to Anime. Journal of Dracula Studies. Vol. 22.
6. Miller, Adam. (2018). Color and Chaos: Unpacking the mise-en-scène of Tokyo Drifter’s. Mise-en-scene: The Journal of Film & Visual Narration. Issue 3.2 (Winter 2018)
7. Miller, Adam. (2018). Extensive reading strategies: Identifying comfort zones and venturing out of them. Extensive Reading in Japan Volume 11.2, December 2018.
|将来的研究分野||I am currently in my third year of my Educational Doctorate (EdD), for which I am majoring in Instructional Technology; most of my current research is about the future of tertiary education in Japan, and how technology will become increasingly important (whether we want it to or not).
For Film Studies, I am presenting at the University of Roehampton (UK) next month about the James Bond film "You Only Live Twice" for which I am looking at the importance of authenticty in its description of Japanese culture.
Learning for the fun of it
My name is Adam Miller and I joined FLEC in April, 2023. I am a full-time Language Instructor, and teach a number of English classes, including Debate, Oral Communication, Listening, and Writing classes. I am currently studying for my EdD （Doctor of Education), for which I am majoring in "Instructional Technology." I am really interested in how the pandemic made us all adapt to new ways of teaching, many of which I think can be beneficial to teaching practices moving forward. I am also very interested in Film Studies, and have written papers and book chapters on a variety of topics, such as early filmmakers like Alice Guy and Japanese directors like Seijun Suzuki. I have also written a textbook for EFL/ESL students that focuses on the history of cinema. I am currently writing a presentation (and hopefully a paper) on James Bond.